Injectables: What’s Best for You?
For many patients, injectables represent a good compromise between avoiding any downtime while still achieving the significant, lasting results that only a clinical treatment can provide. But with so many injectables available in today’s med spas, it can be hard to know which one(s) to choose.
Types of Injectables
- BOTOX Cosmetic & Dysport®: These injectables both use the same active ingredient (botulinum toxin type A), which can be used to treat the same areas: wrinkles and lines that are caused by movement, such as crow’s feet. Subtle differences in the formulations between these 2 products may make one better suited to your specific concerns.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC: A more specific formulation of JUVÉDERM, VOLBELLA is intended to add subtle volume and shape to the lips. It has a lower concentration of hyaluronic acid, for the added precision and control needed to reshape the lips.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC: By adding volume to cheeks, VOLUMA provides a bit of a lift and a youthful-looking profile.
- KYBELLA®: This one-of-a-kind injectable isn’t intended to treat wrinkles at all. Instead, KYBELLA has deoxycholic acid as its active ingredient, which reduces the appearance of a double chin by dissolving fat.
- Restylane: The Restylane family of fillers are hyaluronic acid-based wrinkle smoothers. It’s comparable, although not identical to, JUVÉDERM.
- Restylane Lyft: Restylane Lyft restores lost volume to the cheeks.
- Restylane Silk: Restylane Silk is a soft, smooth formulation that treats thin or uneven lips, as well as the lines around them.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: Made from an ingredient called poly-L-lactic acid, Sculptra is a long-lasting filler that helps the body to create more of its own collagen. Sculptra is best for areas of low volume and deep wrinkles.
Get a Customized Treatment Plan
Of course, the best way to determine the right injectable for you is to see us in person for a complimentary consultation. We have locations throughout Texas: Austin; California in Newport Beach, Burlingame, Oakland, Palo Alto, Walnut Creek, Mill Valley, San Francisco, and Los Gatos; and metro Seattle: University Village, Bellevue Square, and Redmond. Schedule your consultation here.