Self Care Tips by SkinSpirit
With the demands of everyday life – from our jobs, to our families, to our homes and finances – it can be hard to find time for yourself. But it’s important to your health, and your happiness, that you take the time to do just that.
In honor of International Self Care Day 2019, we’ve outlined some of our favorite self care tips for a healthier, more confident, you:
- Get the sleep you need and deserve. According to a 2013 Gallup poll, 40% of Americans get less than seven hours of sleep. But getting at least eight hours can help to eliminate toxins in your body, reducing stress, and allowing you to start the day looking and feeling your best.
- Eat fresh, nutritious foods with plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet to keep up your energy levels – and to keep your skin glowing! But don’t forget, balance is key. Enjoy a treat every once in awhile, as long as it’s in moderation.
- Drink lots of water! Staying hydrated is not only key to staying healthy, but can also have a visible impact on your skin. If you do have dehydrated skin, we also recommend investing in a hydrator.
- Find a skin care regime that works for you. When it comes to your skin care routine, self care day is every day. Remember to go from thinnest to thickest when applying your home care products, and don’t forget to wear SPF every day, whether you’re inside or outdoors.
- Treat yourself every now and then! Whether it’s taking 15 minutes to finally get that Botox you’ve been wanting, rewarding yourself for reaching your weight loss goals with a new swimsuit, or leaving the kids at home while you indulge in a massage or facial, allowing yourself to do something just for you can help you stay motivated and relaxed day-in-and-day-out.
Recommended Treatments for Self Care Day
When it comes to self care, we offer a wide range of skin and body treatments that will leave you looking and feeling your most confident. Some of our favorites for International Self Care Day include:
Facials – Treat your skin to a deep cleansing, and get expert advice from our aestheticians. If texture or exfoliation is your concern, we offer options like microdermabrasion and dermaplaning.
Chemical peels – Reveal a brighter, smoother, and more refined complexion with chemical peels, while helping to reduce discoloration, breakouts, and wrinkles.
Weight loss – We offer a medical weight loss program called REBALANCE to our Northern California clients (select clinics only) that allows you to get expert nutrition advice along with B-12 shots. There’s no time like International Self Care Day to take the first step towards a healthier, slimmer you!
Book a Self Care Treatment At a SkinSpirit Near You
July 24th may be International Self Care Day, but at SkinSpirit, we believe self care is important every day. Whether you take a moment for yourself today, or you schedule that “me time” for the future, our aestheticians and body experts are here to help.