Our Winter Skin Self Care Guide
This winter, love the skin you’re in! Say goodbye to dull, dehydrated skin, and hello to a healthier, dewier complexion with these winter skin self care tips from our experts.
5 Of Our Favorite Winter Skin Care Tips
1. “Boost your moisturizer with a hyaluronic serum to keep hydration levels high,” advises Hilarie Mejia, Aesthetic Medical Assistant at SkinSpirit Walnut Creek.
Drinking water is critical to keeping you hydrated from the inside out, but a hydrator will provide nourishment from the outside in – helping to fight against variable factors like climate, travel, diet, alcohol consumption, and water intake.
2. Don’t neglect the lips! Keep them hydrated with SkinMedica’s HA5 Smooth & Plump Lip System, which provides many of the same smoothing and hydrating benefits you’ll notice from their facial hydrating product (mentioned above).
3. Exfoliation can often be the key to reviving dull, dry skin. We recommend a weekly exfoliation facial with the Jan Marini CleanZyme / SkinZyme duo to give yourself a little extra TLC at home.
Better yet, visit us for a dermaplaning treatment and see results right away. Dermaplaning effectively exfoliates dead skin cells, while also removing unwanted peach fuzz from the face. It’s also a great way to prepare for a more advanced chemical peel treatment, which offers deeper exfoliation and also helps to soften and brighten the skin. With limited sun exposure, your skin will heal more quickly in the winter months, making this a great time for a peel treatment.
4. Protect your skin with sunscreen. Ideally, you should be wearing SPF every day, even in winter. While you may not be outside as often as usual, the lights in your home and on your laptops can have an impact on your skin.
According to Karen Fernandez, Head of Aesthetics, a broad spectrum SPF of 30 works for almost anyone. Then, when you are in direct sunlight, for example if you’re skiing or snowboarding, she recommends an SPF of 50. Colorescience Even Up is a great option, acting like a makeup while also providing great coverage.
5. Take advantage of the winter months to treat sun damage and get on your way to your clearest complexion yet with IPL or ResurFX. Or, start laser hair removal to be smooth and hair free by summer 2021. Since these services require staying out of the sun, this is the perfect time to start treatment.
Book Winter Skin Care Treatments in CA, WA, TX & UT
Don’t forget to spread the love! Treat a friend or family member to a SkinSpirit gift card to use on any of their favorite services.
Shop Winter Skin Care Products
Ready to start shopping? Order online, and get your favorites delivered to you.
Need advice on the right products for your skin type and concerns? Schedule a complimentary product consultation with a clinical aesthetician in California, Washington, Texas, or Utah.
We also offer curbside pick up. Please call (855) 383-7546 to place an order for pickup at your nearest SkinSpirit clinic.
Disclaimer: Content is for informational purposes only and does not replace a consultation with a medical professional.