If you’ve just received non-ablative fractional laser resurfacing. please read the following post care instruction carefully and follow them closely. Please call your clinic or (855) 383-7546 if you have any questions or concerns.
DAY OF TREATMENT
Immediately following treatment, the skin will feel quite hot. Cooling measures for comfort will be administered by your practitioner as well as moisturizer and sunblock applied. After it cools, it will feel sunburnt for a few hours.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
During the healing process (5-7 days), AVOID ACTIVE PRODUCTS as they may cause irritation to the treated area. This includes all of the following: any form of retinol, hydroquinone, salicylic/glycolic/lactic acid, vitamin C, or Benzoyl Peroxide.
Do not use anything abrasive, like a washcloth or Clarisonic brush, during the healing process, as premature removal of dead skin may compromise overall results.
Here’s a look at what you can expect…
- DAY 1: The skin may still appear red to brown, and swelling may remain around the eyes and mouth. Small brown scabs may begin forming, which may give the skin a “tan” appearance. Wash with a gentle cleanser twice a day; apply gentle moisturizer as needed, and a physical SPF of at least 30. Makeup can be used if desired.
- DAY 2: The skin will appear darker as dead skin (i.e. coffee grounds) is forming. Continue with a gentle wash twice daily, moisturizer as needed, and sunblock. Make-up can be used as desired.
You need to return for a follow-up appointment on Day 2 or 3 so that your practitioner can monitor the healing process and answer questions as they arise.
- DAY 3: Skin will begin to peel as dead skin (i.e. coffee grounds) is lifting. Avoid scrubbing or picking dry skin as it may result in irritation and compromise the overall result. Continue with a gentle cleanser twice daily, moisturizer as needed, and daily sunblock. Makeup can be used if desired.
- DAY 4: Skin will still appear dry, and peeling will be prominent. The Jan Marini Skin Zyme mask can be applied for 30 min. and gently removed with a warm washcloth. Avoid picking and scrubbing. Continue with gentle cleanser twice daily, moisturize as needed and sunblock.
- DAY 5: Skin will be mostly cleared of peeled skin with small amounts remaining on periphery of treatment areas (i.e. forehead, neck etc.) Continue with washing twice daily, moisturizer, and sunblock. Makeup can be worn. We recommend a POST TREATMENT FACIAL with an aesthetician to help with the remainder of dead skin, and hydration may be done at this point.
- DAY 6/7: Skin peeling will be completely resolved. Skin will feel softer, yet sensitive to sunlight. It’s important to continue with sunblock daily, and you may resume active products, if cleared by your practitioner. (i.e. retinols, AHA’s, vitamin c etc.)
NOTE: The healing process may take longer, as much as up to two weeks on non-facial treatment areas (i.e. legs, arms, chest). In some cases, “coffee grounds” may last up to two weeks.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day, please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24/hour nurse.