You have just received a non-ablative fractional laser resurfacing treatment. Please read the following post care instruction carefully and follow them closely. Call if any questions or concerns.
DAY OF TREATMENT: Immediately after your treatment the skin will feel rather hot. Your practitioner will assist you with cooling the skin for comfort as well as applying moisturizer and sunblock. After it cools it may still feel like a mild to moderate sunburn for a few hours.
NOTE: During the healing process (3-5 days) NO ACTIVE PRODUCTS should be used on the skin as they may cause irritation to the treated area. This includes all of the following: any form of retinol, hydroquinone, salicylic/glycolic/lactic acid, vitamin C, or Benzoyl Peroxide. Do not use anything abrasive like a washcloth, or Clarisonic brush during the healing process as premature removal of dead skin may compromise overall results.
- DAY 1: Skin may be mildly swollen, particularly around the eyes. Do not be alarmed. Swelling is normal and expected. Wash with gentle cleanser twice a day; apply gentle moisturizer as needed, and a physical SPF 30. Mineral makeup can be used if desired.
- DAY 2 Skin might feel rough. Continue with gentle wash twice daily, moisturizer as needed and sunblock daily. Make-up can be used as desired.
You need to return for a follow-up appointment on Day 2 or 3 so that your practitioner can monitor the healing process and answer questions as they arise
- DAY 3: Mild flaking is expected and normal. Avoid scrubbing or picking dry skin as it may result in irritation and compromise the overall result. Continue with gentle cleanser twice daily, moisturize as needed and daily sunblock. Makeup can be used if desired.
- DAY 4: Skin will still appear dry and mild peeling will continue. Jan Marini Skin Zyme (green mask) can be applied x 20 min and gently removed with a warm washcloth. Avoid picking and scrubbing. Continue with gentle cleanser twice daily, moisturize as needed and sunblock.
- DAY 5: Mild peeling should probably be almost completely resolved. Skin will feel softer, yet may be sensitive to sunlight. Important to continue with sunblock daily, and may resume active products, if cleared by your practitioner. (i.e. retinols, AHA’s, vitamin c etc.)
NOTE: Healing process may take longer, as much as up to two weeks on nonfacial treatment areas (i.e. legs, arms, chest).
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.