1.Normal occurrences after soft tissue filler are: Bruising, swelling, tenderness in the area of injection, and area may appear uneven as swelling resolves
2. Initial numbness right after your treatment should only last approximately 30 minutes. When the numbing effect wears off, mild discomfort may be experienced. You may take Tylenol if needed, but most of the time it is not necessary.
3. Swelling will typically resolve within 2-3 days. Cold compresses may be used to reduce swelling. Avoid salt in your diet if you have swelling as the salt may increase or delay resolution of swelling.
4. Warm compresses can help resolve bruising faster. Your practitioner can give you specific instructions depending on the degree of swelling that is present.
5. If you received Sculptra, massage the area treated 3 times a day for 3 minutes for 3 days.
6. Until the initial redness and swelling have resolved, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense heat (ie sun lamps or sun bathing). This also includes other treatments like Intense Pulsed Light, laser hair removal, Ulthera etc. Check with your practitioner on your particular situation.
7. Alcohol consumption within 4-6 hours after treatment can increase bruising.
8. Heavy exercise within a day or two after treatment can increase swelling.
9. Additional treatments may be recommended in 6-9 months depending on the filler used and where it was injected. Check with your practitioner regarding your particular needs.
10. Please notify your nurse or nurse practitioner if swelling/discomfort or redness does not resolve within 5-7 days.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.