Perfect Peel, TCA, Modified Jessners, Illuminize, and Vitalize Peel
Immediately after treatment:
The skin will feel hot and may look flushed for a few hours.
For the next 24 hours:
- Avoid touching your skin but if you must, wash your hands before you do.>
- Gently cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser that does not contain any active ingredients.
- Use only neutral calming moisturizers and hydrators as needed.. Active products with inflame and aggravate skin. Too much moisture will interrupt the peel process so use them sparingly.
- In some cases a post care kit will be provided with specific instructions.
- Use a physical sunblock 30-50 SPF often and try to avoid direct sun exposure
- As always, stay hydrated from the inside out!
- Avoid direct sun exposure and significant heat or sweating the day your peel is applied. It is a good day to stay indoors!
The most important thing to remember is to NOT PICK or PEEL your skin! This can cause damage and potential scarring or hyper pigmentation.
Continue with gentle cleanser morning and night. A cream cleanser will help soften and dissolve the peeling skin.
- Use gentle moisturizer morning and night and as needed. We recommend our post care kit from Sente with Dermal Repair Cream and a physical SPF
- As your skin begins to slough and lightly peel, it may feel dry (like sandpaper) or look peel-y and flakey no matter how much moisturizer is used. This is normal, and will resolve once sloughing has subsided. This process may last for a couple of days. It’s also possible that you experience little to no visible peeling.
- To assist the sloughing process, apply Jan Marini Skin Zyme Mask for 15-20 min and remove with Jan Marini Clean Zyme and a clean wet washcloth. This can be done once a day until the sloughing has resolved. Follow with hydration and neutral moisturizer.
- Do not use any antioxidants, resurfacers, retinol or other active products while skin is recovering. Use of these may resume when skin feels back to normal.
After one week:
- Slowly resume your active products as tolerated.
- Continue with physical sunblock every day.
- Use of targeted medical grade products will amplify your results and the benefits of clinical treatments. Be sure to consult with your practitioner to get the best regime for you and your skin.
- Skin should feel smooth, taut and have a nice glow. Correction of some active or acne scarring may also result. Some results are invisible to the eye and will emerge over several weeks with an increase in dermal health and reproduction.
- Peeling can be so microscopic or gradual that you do not notice it. This is normal and varies depending on skin type, depth of peel and pre treating process.
- It is also normal for skin to purge after a chemical peel treatment. Some breakouts may appear due to the stimulation of skin cells. Often they can be remedied with appropriate products. We can offer specific recommendations during your chemical peel consultation.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at (855) 383-7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments. If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.