Day of appointment:
- BRING COMPRESSION SHORTS TO THE APPOINTMENT! Failure to do so will increase
the bruising severity.
- Wear loose fitting garments to the appointment. You will have to completely expose the
- The area of injection will be marked with a skin marking pen and may still faintly be
present after treatment. This will come completely off in a shower.
- You may be tender in the areas of injection after the numbing medicine wears off.
- Cold compresses will help decrease any swelling and decrease the possibility of bruising
After your treatment:
- Compression Shorts should be worn for 3-5 days after treatment to reduce the severity
of bruising. These must be placed immediately after treatment and worn at all times
except when showering.
- Swelling and injection site bumps will improve over 2-3 days.
- Warm compresses can be used to help resolve bruising faster.
- Exercise should be avoided for 48-72 hours to reduce increase blood flow to the area
and reduce the severity of bruising
- Notify your provider if swelling/discomfort does not resolve in 5-7 days. Bruising may
last much longer. This would be considered normal.
If you have any questions or concerns do not hesitate to call 800.313.6757. If you need to reach
us after hours please call our after hours paging system that will connect you to our medical
team. The after hours paging system can be accessed by calling 800.313.6757 and following the