Here’s what you can expect immediately after your treatment:
Skin will feel hot and look flushed for a few hours after treatment.
For the next 24 hours:
- Avoid touching your skin but if you must, wash your hands before you do.
- Gently cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser that does not contain any active ingerdients.
- Apply Skinceuticals B5 hydrating gel after cleansing and as often as you need to when your skin feels tight and dry.
- Use a physical sunblock 30-50 spf.
- Continue with gentle cleanser morning and night
- Use gentle moisturizer morning and night and as needed.
- As your skin begins to slough and lightly peel, it may feel dry (like sandpaper) no matter how much moisturizer is used. This is normal, and will resolve once sloughing has subsided. This process may last for a couple of days.
- To assist the sloughing process, apply Jan Marini Skinzyme mask for 15-20 min, then gently remove with a clean wet washcloth once a day for 2-3 days until the sloughing has resolved.
After one week:
- Slowly resume your active products as tolerated.
- Continue with physical sunblock every day.
- Best results are usually seen between 2-3 months after treatment.
- Treatments are generally recommended once a month for an initial series of three followed by maintenance treatments once every six months. Be sure to discuss your individual goals with your practitioner as the process can vary depending on the goals.
Have Questions? Call SkinSpirit
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.