The Fotona 4D Laser is a fractionated laser that uses hybrid technology of 1064 nm nonablative laser and 2940 nm ablative laser to create controlled zones of coagulation to chosen depths into the dermis that stimulate neocollagenesis and fractionally vaporize (ablate) micro laser channels in the epidermis addressing tone, tightening and texture of the skin.
The Fotona 4D treatment creates outcomes based on the aggressiveness of the treatment taking into account your skin concerns, the health of your skin and your individual healing ability. Due to this, patient response can vary after a treatment. Redness and possibly swelling are the desired responses within a few minutes after the completion of the procedure. The degree of redness and length of healing time will increase with the depth and coverage of the procedure.
- No sun exposure that changes your baseline color within 4-6 weeks of your procedure.
- No chemical peels, or other exfoliation procedures with 4 weeks of treatment.
- Stop the use of Retin A, Retinols, Glycolic, Salicylic, Alpha hydroxy acids 5-7 days prior to procedure.
- Please inform us if you have a history of cold sore breakouts. We may have you take an antiviral medication the day of treatment.
Day of Procedure:
- Have a light meal.
- We will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin and it will be left on for 45-60 min.
- We will supply you with a post care resurfacing kit that you will use starting the day after your procedure.