To maximize the desired outcome of the chemical peel, SkinSpirit recommends you follow these pre-treatment instructions prior to your scheduled treatment:
Your Home Care Regimen:
- To get the most from your chemical peel, we recommend incorporating a Retinoid into your home care regimen. However, you must stop use of these products (Retin A, Tri Retinol Complex, etc.) five days prior to the chemical peel.
- Use a physical sunscreen with at least an SPF 30+ every day rain or shine for at least three weeks prior to the chemical peel.
- STOP the use of any benzoyl peroxide product (Purity Gel Spot TX, Acne Lotion, etc.) or any other product that can cause dryness, redness or irritation three days prior to the chemical peel.
- If prone to cold sores, a physician-dispensed prescription must be used two days before and dive days after the chemical peel.
- A melanin-suppressing agent may be recommended depending on your skin type. You must follow the appropriate instructions on use of this product.
- No facial waxing 1 week prior to chemical peel
- No filler 1 week prior to chemical peel
- No IPL or Laser Hair Removal 2 weeks prior to chemical peel
- Botox can be done up to 1 day before a chemical peel
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.