To maximize the desired outcome of the chemical peel, SkinSpirit recommends you follow these pre-treatment instructions prior to your scheduled treatment:
Your Homecare Regimen:
- If you are using a retinoid product (Retin A, Tri Retinol Complex, etc.) you must STOP 5 days prior to the chemical peel.
- Use a physical sunscreen with at least an SPF 30+ every day rain or shine for at least 3 weeks prior to the chemical peel.
- STOP the use of any benzoyl peroxide product (Purity Gel Spot TX, Acne Lotion, etc.) or any other product that can cause dryness, redness or irritation 3 days prior to the chemical peel.
- If prone to cold sores, a physician-dispensed prescription must be used 2 days before and 5 days after the chemical peel.
- A melanin-suppressing agent may be recommended depending on your skin type. You must follow the appropriate instructions on use of this product.
No facial waxing 1 week prior to chemical peel
No filler 1 week prior to chemical peel
No IPL or Laser Hair Removal 2 weeks prior to chemical peel
Botox can be done up to 1 day before a chemical peel
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.