To minimize the possibility of bruising please remember 1 week prior to your appointment to stop the following:
- Supplements such as Omega 3’s (fish oil, flax seeds)
- Vitamin E
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
Tylenol is okay.
No alcohol within 24 hours of treatment.
Day of appointment:
- Numbing cream may be applied before injections to improve your comfort.
- Local anesthetic is in the filler which will also improve comfort.
- You may be tender in the areas of injection after the numbing medicine wears off.
- Cold compresses will help decrease any swelling and decrease the possibility of bruising.
After your treatment:
- Swelling will improve over 2-3 days.
- If you received Sculptra, massage the areas treated 3 times a day, for 3 days as instructed by your practitioner.
- Warm compresses can be used to help resolve bruising faster. Please contact your practitioner at SkinSpirit in the event of bruising so they can instruct you on whether or not warm compresses will be appropriate.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.