BRUISING with QWO is part of the mechanism of action. It can be severe in color and
potentially discolor the treatment area for as long as a few months.
To minimize the severity of bruising please remember 1 week prior to your appointment to stop
- Supplements such as Omega 3s (fish oil, flax seeds)
- Vitamin E
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
Tylenol is okay.
No alcohol 24 hours before and after treatment.
Day of appointment:
- BRING COMPRESSION SHORTS TO THE APPOINTMENT! Failure to do so will increase
the bruising severity.
- Wear loose fitting garments to the appointment. You will have to completely expose the
- The area of injection will be marked with a skin marking pen and may still faintly be
present after treatment. This will come completely off in a shower.
- You may be tender in the areas of injection after the numbing medicine wears off.
- Cold compresses will help decrease any swelling and decrease the possibility of bruising