Micro-Needling and Micro-Penning
Reduce wrinkles and improve texture and tone
What Is Micro-Penning?
Micro-penning instigates the skin’s repair process, resulting in improved texture and softer wrinkles.
What Is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling is deeper and more intense, yielding greater change in terms of improved and softer wrinkles than micropenning but with a longer recovery time.
How It Works
During your treatment, the cordless, fractional, automated microneedling device composed of medical-grade stainless steel is used to create controlled micro-injuries to the skin, helping it produce collagen and elastin. Micro-penning also creates micro-channels which allow topical gels, creams and serums to be absorbed more effectively, enhancing their effects in deeper layers of the skin.
The SkinSpirit Experience
At SkinSpirit, we offer micro-penning services to customers throughout the San Francisco Bay area, Southern California, metro Seattle, and Austin, TX. Treatment areas include the face, neck and décolleté.
Here’s what you can expect during your appointment:
- Your aesthetician will apply a thick layer of topical gel to your skin and select the appropriate treatment setting based on your unique needs.
- Next, in a single motion, the pen will be gently pressed against the skin while simultaneously gliding until the entire treatment area has been covered. This process results in thousands of superficial microscopic channels throughout the entire treatment area, stimulating your skin’s natural ability to heal itself.
- This repair process begins almost immediately.
Depending on the size of the treatment area, a micropenning or microneedling treatment can last anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. Most people can return to their normal, daily activities immediately after treatment. Please note as well that multiple treatments may be recommended to achieve the best results.
Most people can return to their normal, daily activities immediately after their micro-penning treatment. The total healing time depends on the emphasis of the treatment. On average, the skin might be pink 1 to 3 days afterwards. Afterwards, you can enjoy benefits like:
- Wrinkle reduction
- Texture and tone improvement
- Softer, younger-looking skin with fewer signs of aging
- Acne scar and traumatic scar improvement
New collagen production significantly improves the look of your skin, combatting the effects of years of sun damage.
Visible changes in the skin can develop over the course of a few days or several weeks after the treatment. Results continue to improve for up to six months after original treatment, as collagen production continues over time.
As noted above, you tend to notice greater change from micro-needling than micro-penning, but there is a longer recovery time to go along with that.
Schedule Your Micro-Penning Consult in CA, WA, or TX
We’re excited to help you reveal younger, brighter looking skin!
Our micro-penning treatments are available at all SkinSpirit locations, including: