- May have redness for 24 hours
- Mild edema is possible for up to 72 hours
- Apply mineral based SPF 50 for at least 2 weeks
- Apply lip balm or Aquaphor as often as needed to keep the lips hydrated
- Avoid spicy and acidic foods for 48 hours post treatment
- Possible for the lips to peel in 3-5 days
- May have redness for up to 24 hours
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks
- Redness is normal and expected.
- Pinpoint bleeding may occur. This can last for a few hours – 12 hours depending on
the treatment depth and may be isolated to certain treated areas.
Immediately after treatment
Swelling is common and expected. Use of a cold compress or ice packs will help to relieve the swelling. To avoid further swelling, you may choose to sleep in an upright position the first night after the treatment. The first morning post treatment is when swelling is more prevalent, especially under the eyes. Swelling may last 2-4 days depending on the aggressiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid salt while swelling is present.
- Avoid spicy and acidic foods for the first 48 hours.
- The treated area may be extremely warm for 12-24 hours after the treatment. Cold compresses or ice packs may provide comfort during this time.
- Begin using the post procedure kit that was given to you after treatment:
- Cleanse the skin twice a day with the cleanser provided
- Moisturize with the Sente Dermal repair as often as needed
- Apply the sunblock every day
You will increasingly notice tiny dark spots and bronzed appearance to the treated skin. In individuals with heavily pigmented skin, or in areas where sun damage has produced pigmented lesions, the microscopic wounds, contain large amounts of melanin. Because there are so many, they can make the skin look bronzed and small areas appear crusted (do not try to scratch them off). This is part of the healing process where treated tissue is working its way out of your body as new fresh skin is regenerated. During this time, your skin will be very dry and have a sandpaper texture and will begin to flake and peel.
If the face is treated, it could take 5-7 days for the peeling process to be completed. If the neck, chest or anywhere on the body was treated, this process could take up to 2 weeks.
- After the peeling process is complete, your skin will have a rosy, pink glow that will gradually resolve. Your clinician will inform you and advise you of when make-up can be used and which kind.
- Itching may be experienced during the healing phase and is completely normal. Oral Benadryl may help itching but can cause drowsiness. DO NOT scratch the treated area as scarring and pigmentation complications can occur. Please check in with your provider for any additional guidance.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns
about your treatments. After hours, if you have an urgent situation that you feel cannot wait
until the next business day please call 800.313.6757 and follow the prompts to page the on-call provider.