- Normal occurrences after your treatment with Kybella include: Bruising, swelling, tenderness, aching, numbness and tingling. Area may appear uneven and feel “lumpy” as swelling resolves.
- Initial numbness right after your treatment should only last approximately 30 minutes. When the numbing effect wears off, mild to moderate discomfort may be experienced. You may take Tylenol if needed, but most of the time it is not necessary.
- Keep head elevated as much as possible for the first 24-48 hours after your treatment.
- Ice may be used as much as needed for the first 24-48 hours after your treatment for 20-30 minutes at a time, 2-4 times per day.
- Swelling can typically last 5-7 days, but residual minimal swelling can last up to 3-4 weeks. Cold compresses may be used to reduce initial swelling. Avoid salt in your diet during this time.
- Wear your neck strap as much as possible for the first 45-60 minutes after your treatment to minimize potential bruising. After that, wear it as much as possible and tolerated for the first 3-5 days. May be intermittent at this point.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Your next treatment can be done in 4 weeks. It may take 4-6 treatments to reach the desired endpoint.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.