Typically, you may return to your normal activities after Ulthera. You should, however, follow the medical advice of your physician regarding the care of your skin.
- Wash skin with cool water and a gentle cleanser. No other harsh products for one week.
- If the skin is slightly pink or red in areas following the treatment, avoid hot water when washing or showering until the ‘blush’ has subsided (usually within an hour).
- Bruising can be expected. Warm compresses 3-4 times a day will help to resolve bruising faster.
- Avoid exfoliation for at least one week or until all sensitivity in the treatment area has subsided.
- Makeup (preferably mineral-based) may be applied immediately post treatment.
- Soothing, non-irritating creams or moisturizers may be used.
- Use a sun block with an SPF of 30 or greater if going out into the sun to help prevent future sun damage.
Your practitioner will describe the nature and timing of possible changes you may notice over time from Ulthera.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.