GLYCOLIC RESURFACER, LACTIC RESURFACER, SALICYLIC RESURFACER, POWER PUMPKIN PEEL, PEPTIDE PEEL
Immediately after treatment:
The skin will feel hot and may look flushed for a few hours.
For the next 24 hours:
- Avoid touching your skin but if you must, wash your hands before you do.
- Gently cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser that does not contain any active ingredients.
- Use only neutral calming moisturizers and hydrators. Active products with inflame and aggravate skin.
- Use a physical sunblock 30-50 SPF often and try to avoid direct sun exposure
- As always, stay hydrated from the inside out!
- Continue with gentle cleanser morning and night
- Use gentle moisturizer morning and night and as needed. We recommend our post care kit from Sente with Dermal Repair Cream and a physical SPF.
- As your skin begins to slough and lightly peel, it may feel dry (like sandpaper), no matter how much moisturizer is used. This is normal, and will resolve once sloughing has subsided. This process may last for a couple of days.
- To assist the sloughing process, apply Jan Marini Skin Zyme Mask for 15-20 min and remove with Jan Marini Clean Zyme and a clean wet washcloth. This can be done once a day until the sloughing has resolved. Follow with hydration and neutral moisturizer.
- Do not use any antioxidants, resurfacers, retinol or other active products while skin is recovering. You can resume use of these products when the skin feels back to normal.
After one week:
- Slowly resume your active products, as tolerated.
- Continue with physical sunblock every day.
- Use of targeted, medical-grade products will amplify your results and the benefits of clinical treatments. Be sure to consult with your practitioner to get the best regime for you and your skin.
- Skin should feel smooth and taut and have a nice glow. Correction of some active or acne scarring may also result
- It is also normal for skin to purge after a resurfacer treatment. Some breakouts may appear due to the stimulation of skin cells. Often they can be remedied with appropriate products. We can offer specific recommendations during your chemical peel consultation.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at (855) 383-7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments. If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day, please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.