Immediately after treatment:
- Skin might feel hot and look flushed for a few hours after treatment.
- Nothing will be applied to your skin after treatment, so plan on being indoors and out of the sun for the remainder of the day.
For the next 24 hours:
- Avoid touching your skin but if you must, wash your hands before you do.
- Gently cleanse your skin with a mild cleanser that does not contain any active ingredients.
- Apply Skinceuticals B5 hydrating gel after cleansing and as often as you need to if your skin feels tight and dry.
- Use a physical sunblock 30-50 spf
- Continue with gentle cleanser morning and night.
- Your skin may or may not begin to slough and lightly peel.
- Use gentle moisturizer morning and night and as needed.
- Use a physical 30-50 spf daily
After 5-7 days:
- Slowly resume your active products as tolerated.
- Continue with physical sunblock every day.
- Best results are usually seen between 2-3 months after treatment.
- Treatments are generally recommended once a month for an initial series of three followed by maintenance treatments once every six months. Be sure to discuss your individual goals with your practitioner as the process can vary depending on the goals.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at 855.383.7546 if you have any questions or concerns about your treatments.
If you have a situation that you feel cannot wait until the next business day please call our office and follow the prompts to our after-hours message to page the 24 hr/day on-call nurse.